In 1978, five women at Ohio State University were looking for an alternative to the typical social Greek sorority. They founded Sigma Alpha, a professional sorority for women like themselves who had an interest in agriculture.
Today, Sigma Alpha Sorority has more than 19,000 initiated members and is on 72 campuses. But there’s room to grow!
Spread the Word about Sigma Alpha!
The National Sorority Board is looking for pioneering students like our founders to help bring Sigma Alpha Sorority to even more women with a passion for agriculture on other campuses across the country.
The idea for these National Sorority Ambassadors came from discussions within the Finance & Ethics Committee at the 2016 Conclave.
You see, each year Headquarters (HQ) is contacted by women who are interested in starting a Sigma Alpha chapter at their university. Who better to build that initial relationship with potential new members than a Sigma Alpha sister?
Serving as a National Sorority Ambassador is a great opportunity for you to:
- GROW Sigma Alpha Sorority
- SHARE your Sigma Alpha experience
- DEVELOP leadership skills
- SERVE on a national level
How Does the Program Work?
- Express your interest in serving as an ambassador by completing the online application, indicating your leadership experience at your chapter, university and community.
- If approved by the National Sorority Board, your name will be maintained on a list at HQ.
- When we are contacted about starting a new chapter, we will look for an ambassador near the university and ask her to visit the interested group.(Mileage and travel costs will be reimbursed.)
- You’ll be provided with materials and presentation information to use during your visit
- You’ll serve as a resource for the new chapter during the charter process and beyond.